So another year and another set of hobby goals for me to fail at miserably no doubt.
2015 saw me pretty much fail everyone of my hobby goals for various reasons 🙂
So what were my goals?
So what is in store with 2015.
1) Enjoy my gaming more, stop focusing on mistakes and putting myself down – This didn’t really happen considering my meltdown in the summer
2) Assemble the stuff I have (FOW, Mars Attacks, Relic Knights, Deadzone, DBX, Malifaux) – NOPE
3) Paint my Von Schill Crew for Mai Feng – SOLD
4)Paint my FOW Panzer Lehr Army – 2 Years unpainted is too long – SOLD
5) Stick to Core Systems (X-Wing, Malifaux, Dust, FOW) – Kind of stuck to I guess,
6) Update the blog more often!!! – NOPE 😦
So where did it all go wrong? Work and life are usually the key factors as they always are, however I got through points last year where i just honestly couldn’t be fucked. The whole hobby butterfly reached a point where I just could be bothered with anything. I had too much stuff and never enough time or willing people to play with. However some positive from Last year though.
- I ran a LOT of events. The ones I can remember takes my tally to over 25 events. 16 of those were X-Wing. Running lots of events however meant I couldn’t play in as many events
- I played a LOT of X-Wing, I even went across to Denmark to play in the Nordic nationals which was great fun. I am even involved in the Team England ETC selection committee
- I sold a lot of stuff of. A Massive Cull so to say
- Guild Ball took off!
- DUST and Battlefront / Dust studios completely bullshit handling of the Kickstarter affair meant I wiped my hands clean of both companies selling off all my DUST and FOW stuff. I don’t want to support companies that show that level of disrespect to their customers
- I jumped on the gaming weight loss band wagon, joined Slimming World and lost 3 Stone 🙂
So all in all, not a bad year really. There has been some serious hobby reflection over the last few months. Driven partly by lack of enthusiasm at times and what I want from the hobby and largely because I am going to be a Dad 😀 As a result I really have to consider what it is I want from the hobby as I will have a seriously limited amount of free time. So what will this mean for 2016.
Gaming Stick to the following core games:
- Guild Ball
- Game of Thrones 2nd Edition LCG
- Warhammer Conquest LCG
- Board Games
This should be fairly easy for once as if it’s not on this list, I sold it off, with the exception of Malifaux. I love this game even if I find it easier to get a handjob from a unicorn than find a regular opponent
- Finish my X-Wing repaints – I have a handful of Ships I want to repaint (Poe X-wing, Kath Firespray)
- Paint all of my Guild Ball
- Run fewer events. I do like running events even if it means I get to play less, however with a baby on the way in June my time will be limited and I will want to be playing in those rare moments
- Update the sodding blog. I have stuff to contribute to it I just need to pull my finger out. It’s easier not to when you know nobody will read it but still I need to get back into the habit, as only a handful of updates last year was a joke.
So that should pretty much do it I think. Even by my standards I should be able to make that work.